PLEASE READ the disclaimer under the "about" tab!

Like & Share on fb

Current Conditions

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

"Apollo 11"

[VIDEO] I saw this documentary over the weekend. Most of the footage seen in the film had been recorded the year of the historic launch of the Apollo 11 mission that sent Neil Armstrong, Buzz Adrin, and Michael Collins to the moon. If you can catch Apollo 11 in theaters now!

Back in school, I had become a Star Trek fan and became interested in space. At one point even wanted to become an astronaut. I also wanted to be the first Black President of the United States back then also, years before Barack Obama.

I remember an assignment I did in the 8th grade regarding lunar eclipses. If I can find that assignment in my archives, perhaps it's worth sharing.

Finally, I also saw Apollo 13 in theaters when it was first released which is the real life story of a mission intended to land on the moon became a triumphant story. A mechanical issue forced the cancellation of the mission to the moon and instead became a mission return the three astronauts back to the earth safely. It was fascinating to know many aspects of the Apollo project and our very own real life version of Star Trek.

No comments:

Post a Comment