PLEASE READ the disclaimer under the "about" tab!

Like & Share on fb

Current Conditions

Monday, September 26, 2022

Mr Beat explores The Oregon Trail

 You might see this meme on Mr. Beat's hat it seems there is merchandise out there based on this computer game The Oregon Trail.

Meme

Unfortunately I don't remember this game at all from my years in school. It seemed we played other games on computers from The Prince of Persia to games based on TV programs such as Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune.

What I will share with you today is Mr. Beat's adventure retracing the real world Oregon Trail. If I had played that game back in the day the history would've went over my head to be honest. Who knows if the game would've sparked my interest in that aspect of American history.

So here's Mr. Beat's video about that [VIDEO]


What I will marvel at are the many historic sites that Mr. Beat and his family visits along the way. He's driving around in a Tesla which means one concern about his journey is his ability to keep a charge in his batteries. However, driving around in an electric vehicle for him proves to cost much less than driving around in a gas powered vehicle.

I found the history and the sights he visits on the Oregon Trail very interesting. Now I want to visit Chimney Rock. Add that to the list of places I want to visit in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment