PLEASE READ the disclaimer under the "about" tab!

Like & Share on fb

Current Conditions

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

"Springfield" project postponed...

IL State Capitol - Daniel X. O'Neil
I've been wanting to do a project for this blog. No real angle to it other than to document that one time I set foot in Springfield, Illinois - the state capital. One thing I wanted to do was to check out the Illinois General Assembly in action and see both chambers the House of Representatives and the Senate in session.

Well the coronovirus outbreak has slowed down my plans temporarily. I learned that a young lady who was studying abroad in Italy - which is heavily affected by the coronavirus outbreak - came back home with the virus. She took an Amtrak train from Chicago to her home in St. Louis and that became a big thing.

Now that I've learned that there are 105 cases of this infection in Illinois as of Monday. Since schools in this state have been shut down and now dine-in restaurants and public gatherings of over 50 people have now been canceled I'm seeing how serious this pandemic has been. Our normal lives have been disrupted by this.

With this being said once we're in the clear of this virus I hope that I can truly restart my plans to visit Springfield and hopefully when the General Assembly is in session. Hopefully I can document for your enjoyment on this blog and on YouTube through The Sixth Ward our state's legislators in action.

Hopefully when I'm ready to do it I won't put it off and only think about it when that time comes. Plans will be made and it's going to happen. Time will tell.

Be safe all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment