PLEASE READ the disclaimer under the "about" tab!

Like & Share on fb

Current Conditions

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Speaker of the House elected January 2017

[VIDEO] This video from Artistmac on YouTube is over two years old and shows a roll call vote to re-elect Michael Madigan as Speaker of the state House of Representatives. Madigan has held this job since 1983 - except for a two year break from 1995 to 1997.

It's been in the news lately that we will have to elect a new leader to the Illinois state Senate in January because of the retirement of state Senate President John Cullerton. I get the feeling it wont get great coverage in the Chicago media though it's something I'll be looking for by January once the process is started.

Since being the state Senate President is a significant legislative leadership position I would be curious would would throw their hat in the ring for that position. The new Senate President would be up there with Speaker Madigan and the Republican minority leaders of both chambers of the state General Assembly.

I'm sure there will be further posts about that seen over at Rich Miller's CapFax.

BTW, I still have some time to schedule myself a quick trip to Springfield, Illinois in the future. Something that I would like to document for this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment