PLEASE READ the disclaimer under the "about" tab!

Like & Share on fb

Current Conditions

Saturday, November 23, 2019

#ABeautifulDayMovie Thumbs up :)

I saw the Mr. Rogers film A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhoood on Friday. It was actually based on a long ago Esquire magazine article about Fred Rogers.

This movie gave me a greater appreciation of Mr. Rogers' contributions to children's entertainment. As stated in a post back in August on this blog where he was shown in a segment on Late Night w/ David Letterman I truly believe him to be a very genuinely decent man. Rogers ended production of his long time public TV program Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood in 2001 and died in 2003.

Not a huge spoiler but a segment seen on Late Night before Letterman introduces his guest was a scene in this movie. It depicted Tom Hanks as Mr. Rogers attempting to set up a teepee on the set of his TV program. It also depicts the journalist assigned to interview Mr. Rogers. Hanks truly did this iconic personality justice.

BTW, another scene depicted in this film was Mr. Rogers' appearance on the Arsenio Hall Show. You may have also seen that in the David Letterman post.

I have to admit it never occurred to me until watching this movie that Rogers has some eccentricities going on in his personality. Then again as a genuine person as I do believe he is, I have more respect for him now. I just wish today's children can see his awesomeness on TV again.

Also, I wanted to leave you with this article sharing 15 heartwarming facts about Mr. Rogers from MentalFloss.com. Fascinating look at a man who was part of so many childhoods

Here's a trailer for the movie that''s out in theaters now! [VIDEO]

No comments:

Post a Comment