PLEASE READ the disclaimer under the "about" tab!

Like & Share on fb

Current Conditions

Friday, January 18, 2019

Maggio News: Top 10 most violent Chicago neighborhoods from last year

Last year I posted a video with regards to Roseland from Maggio News who's website seeks to engage in citizen journalism. Victor Maggio's journalism sends him to the hot spots of the city's violence. He records the gritty action as you will see on his YouTube channel.

Regardless what I failed to do both here and at The Sixth Ward is show all ten of his vids that show Chicago's most violent neighborhoods. Here on this blog I did show his video on Roseland which is at #8. And I also noted the reaction to at least two of his videos, that I had shared on Nextdoor.

Especially those affected by the violence on the city's streets I understand the passionate reaction to these videos. Also it should be noted for this series he utilized this website HeyJackass.com to determine the most violent areas of Chicago.

I want to share Maggio News' top 10 violent neighborhoods. The plan is to share all 10 videos not every single day, but over weeks. Since these videos are from last year I'll post them at 9:00 AM though I haven't decided on what day exactly. However my plan is to start as soon as next week.

It's up to you if you want to continue to follow Maggio, but then I want your feedback on these videos and his reporting. Is he right? Is he talking about something he knows nothing about? Are there solutions to the issues of violence? Send me your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment