To help students fully prepare for the new school year, CPS has also created a comprehensive Back-to-School website. By visiting cps.edu/b2s, families can find the answers to questions like these:Hopefully parents have already done most of these things before the first day. And again here's to a great start to the school year.
• What is the dress code at my school?
• Who do I contact if my child needs transportation services?
• How do I have my child evaluated for diverse learning needs?
Families will also find medical forms and the minimum health requirements to enroll in District schools. Here are some additional tips for getting the school year off to a healthy start:
• Make a summer appointment with your medical provider for all Back-to-School examinations and immunizations.
• Inform schools of any chronic conditions your child may have (allergies, asthma, diabetes, etc.)
• Sign your child up for school-based vision and dental examination programs.
The Back-to-School website also contains a calendar of community events, as well as information on critical resources like Parent Portal, which allows parents to track the grades and attendance of their children throughout the school year. Families can also explore CTE, dual enrollment, and other CPS programs that may help students align their interests with their academic experience.
PLEASE READ the disclaimer under the "about" tab!
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Have a great first day at school
courtesy of CPS: