PLEASE READ the disclaimer under the "about" tab!

Like & Share on fb

Current Conditions

Monday, January 16, 2023

Mr. Beat: The Gulf War explained

 

[VIDEO] First and foremost, Happy New Year. I hadn't posted here since Christmas.

Mr. Beat discusses an event that was significant during my youth which we call the Gulf War. So he explains the events that led up to the Gulf War and likely the aftermath. It's amazing some of the details I forgot about after 30 or so years which is the war was kicked off by an invasion of Kuwait by Iraq.

I wanted to say it almost mirrored the current invasion of Ukraine by Russian forces though that has a different result, there is significant resistance. And it seems the world was a lot more effective in condemning and organizing against this than it seems they are now.

And also this wasn't the last time the U.S. had to get involved with Iraq and Mr. Beat states it got overshadowed by other wars and this conflict was a relatively short war. It lasted from about August 1990 to February 1991. And often I remember the coverage primarily on CNN at the time, there was no FOX News back then.

Anyway let me not drone on and on, I hope you learn something new here.

No comments:

Post a Comment