PLEASE READ the disclaimer under the "about" tab!

Like & Share on fb

Current Conditions

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

#Grouch and SNL ruins a childhood classic

[VIDEO] Presumably this sketch aired recently on Saturday Night Live and it's based on the long running PBS children's TV program Seasame Street. This sketch actually parodies Joker which is currently out at a theater near you.

This was another TV program that as a child I was able to get away with watching. These days I hardly watch the show, and perhaps it's because I believe the hype about some aspects of their political based humor. It might just be because longtime producer Lorne Michaels doesn't like improv. All the same some aspects of the comedy on SNL is often formulaic and flat. Simply put I feel as if I've seen the same type of sketch over and over again.

Either way, this sketch works in spite of the title. Many of the muppets have human counterparts in this film. The Count, Big Bird, Bert & Ernie, Cookie Monster, and even Elmo makes an appearance in this film. We hear a very dramatic rendition of the Sesame Street theme as it sounds so dark and gritty. 😂

The title character of Grouch is a man named Oscar who fulfills the "Joker" role. Although I don't think of Oscar in the same vein as Joker. I feel like in dark way Grouch is more of a hero than exists in the Joker movie.

If they made this film in real life not just a sketch, I'd pay to see it. Hopefully David Harbour who plays Grouchy in this sketch would become part of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment