PLEASE READ the disclaimer under the "about" tab!

Like & Share on fb

Current Conditions

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Business Insider: Here are all the ways being a public-school teacher has changed in the last 50 years

When I had graduated from Morehouse College in 2009 at least in the year or so after graduating I had considered going into education. Perhaps when my job situation improved go back to school and get a master's in teaching (and I also had someone who I barely know get in my ear and decide I couldn't handle). Either way it was something that was under consideration years ago.

So I find this article today about how being a public school teacher has changed. I wish I knew some current teachers who can speak on this article.
Chalkboards are now smart boards. Students are using standing desks and stability balls instead of chairs.

With changes in education, K-12 teachers must adapt to new initiatives and reforms.

Some changes to education, such as the increased use of technology, have made teachers' lives easier. But decreased investment in public school has left teachers with stagnant wages and limited resources, leading to waves of protests and strikes across the country.

Here is a look at all the ways being a teacher has changed over the last 50 years.
This part intrigues me, and have heard about this over the years and it begs the question. One change in the past 50 years:
The late 1970s is also when the number of female teachers began to increase. Women made up two in three teachers as of 1981. Today, they make up 76% of the teacher population, which has grown from 2.5 million to about 4.5 million since the '80s.
Where are the men? We need them in the classroom also. Especially for those boys who have no strong male influence in their life.

RELATED: Where are the Black male teachers?

h/t Newsalert 

No comments:

Post a Comment