PLEASE READ the disclaimer under the "about" tab!

Like & Share on fb

Current Conditions

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What is available for kids to watch on TV these days?

Sometimes I like going through memory lane. It's great to see that Fred Rogers' legacy continues on PBS stations around the nation.

He ceased production on his longtime program Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood back in 2001 and Rogers himself died in 2003. Most PBS stations no longer air his program, however, recently I became aware of a new TV series based on his program.

Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood airs on most PBS stations as sort of a sequel to Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. I don't have kids to enjoy this program with, but it's great to know that we again will hear how great of a neighbor we're being. It's also great that young kids are able to take a trip to the neighborhood of make believe!

Sometimes I myself may not be happy about the state of TV for the young people. For me good children's TV may involve Square One, Ghost Writer, Where in the World is Carmen San Diego, Newton's Apple or even Bill Nye: The Science Guy. It also included shows such as Tiny Toons Adventures, Animaniacs, Batman, Smurfs, etc. I must note that those other shows mentioned dropping anvils on a cartoon characters head would even be considered violent today I'll bet!

When I do finally have kids or even with anyone about to start school or even in school now at least in some way we still have something to share. The older folks and the young folks can always talk about being good neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment