The image to the left is map of the redrawn 9th ward created in the 2012 ward remap. Proved to be a controversial remap that has been challenged in court, however, this was the ward that the below candidate were running for Alderman.
Below are the results for ward 9 Alderman in the February 24th election via Board of Elections with 11706 votes cast Ald. Beale - in bold - was re-elected.
- Anthony Beale (i) - 7307 (62.42%)
- Michael E. LaFargue - 1822 (15.56%)
- Theodore (Ted) Williams - 1352 (11.55%)
- Harold "Noonie" Ward - 1225 (10.46%)
Below are the candidates who ran in February an asterisk (*) denotes the winning candidate.
- *Anthony Beale Punch 52 - current Alderman of the 9th Ward
- Michael LaFargue Punch 53 - President of the West Chesterfield Community Association
- Harold "Noonie" Ward Punch 54 - Past candidate for 9th Ward Alderman and Water Reclamation District
- Theodore (Ted) Willams III Punch 55 - Chairman of the Social Science Department at Kennedy-King College
- Twitter: @TEDWILLIAMS3RD
And yes there's more. With the exception of the incumbent Alderman Anthony Beale, candidates for Alderman were interviewed by Aldertrack in the run-up to the February 2015 elections. Links to those posts are shared here as well.