It's been an interesting period of transition for the Chatham 14. In October 2012, the original operating company ICE Theaters had been evicted and the location was closed for a week before a new company - F & F Management - was brought in by new owner Michael Silver to operate the Chatham. Then all screens were upgraded for digital and 3D exhibition during the Spring of 2013 and now another piece of news.
According to DNA Info Chatham 14 now has new owners - Studio Movie Grill or SMG. While some of the many changes to the Chatham were noted in the DNA Info article here are some more details on the changes to come and how the many employees of the Chatham will be affected:
- Chatham 14 theaters are 100% owned by SMG with Mr. Michael Silver having no ownership interest in this entity.
- S&S Management is running the theaters day to day operations until 2/2/14 when their contract expires.
- All janitorial, snow removal, HVAC contracts currently maintained by African American vendors will stay in tact.
- African American vendors are being identified for the renovation work.
- There WILL NOT be a Sports Bar located within the theater but a bar area that will be a part of the fast casual restaurant that will be located in the lobby.
- All employees have jobs until the proposed renovations are completed and the new business officially opens. They will have the opportunity to apply for the new jobs as their roles will change under the new concept.