PLEASE READ the disclaimer under the "about" tab!

Like & Share on fb

Current Conditions

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Are you interested in the weather?

I was in the third grade when my parents first got cable TV. Back then it wasn't Comcast, however, even then my eyes was on The Weather Channel. It was the first time I learned about tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. Most of the time it had me scared and my parents wasn't worried.

Then one day The Weather Channel offered products weather instruments that would allow young people to learn more about weather. Today the products are more digital in nature. One of the instruments that caught my eye was the rain guages which are used to measure the amount of precipitation.

Sometimes I still think about getting a rain gauge but I never quite pull the trigger. There are other instruments to buy that will allow anyone to check out the weather. We could all just find a thermometer to determine the outside temperature at your home. Then there are much more expensive weather instruments that could check anything from wind, temperature, precipitation, to even humidity.

When I started this blog one of the things I did here was place a weather widget in the sidebar. Weather will affect the young people in someway especially the snow and school could be closed due to snow. And today's weather well I'm sure that affected a lot of people in addition to school students.

Still I wonder if there's a young person out there who is as interested in the weather as I had been in the past. Even then one need not be a meteorologist - even the TV variety - to remain interested. The weather is interesting even if you aren't professionally trained!

At least I know Home Depot provides some of these products, especially rain gauges!

No comments:

Post a Comment