Safe to assume this team will concern themselves with the Chicago Public Schools. This is what a mayor transition does and it's been 22 years almost since Chicago has inaugurated a new mayor. Imagine that!
- Ellen Alberding, President of the Joyce Foundation.
- Rev. Byron Brazier of the Apostolic Church of God.
- Don Feinstein, Executive Director, Academy for Urban School Leadership.
- Sharrod Gordon of the Target Area Development Corp.
- Zipporah Hightower, Principal of Bethune School of Excellence.
- Liz Kirby, Principal, Kenwood Academy High School.
- Tim Knowles, Director, University of Chicago Urban Education Institute.
- Mike Milkie, Superintendent and CEO, Noble Street Charter School.
- Natalie Neris-Guereca, teacher, Dr. Jorge Prieto Elementary School.
- John Price, Principal, John J. Audubon Elementary School.
- Diana Rauner, President, Ounce of Prevention Fund.
- Celena Roldan, Executive Director, Erie Neighborhood House.
- Monica Sims, teacher, John J. Pershing West Middle School.
- Elizabeth Swanson, Executive Director, Pritzker Traubert Family Foundation.
Also noted is a 17-member transition team for improving the city's financial plan (budget).